Thailand is a country that every time fascinates me more and more. Southeast Asia is a great place for a family holiday, and Thailand is truly the best of the best!
Keep in mind that traveling to Thailand with children is not at all the same thing as traveling alone.
Here there are a huge number of cities, islands, and fantastic beaches, you will meet a warm and friendly attitude from the local people. All this is an incredible number of places that you can visit and get real pleasure from traveling with your family.
5 best places for family travel with children:
Chiang Mai (Chiang Mai)
A large city with the atmosphere of a small provincial town, Chiang Mai connects the energy of Bangkok and the accessibility of a picturesque village. It is an excellent base for exploring the wonders of Northern Thailand. This is especially suitable for adventure lovers and those who like to combine walks, city atmosphere and fine food. Activities include elephant rides, white water rafting, hiking in nearby hills and visiting the zoo. Read more: Ideas for Travel: unusual beaches and one tropical cocktail
The best time to visit Chiang Mai is from September to February.
What to do in Chiang Mai:
– Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School – Cooking courses are very popular in Chiang Mai, they certainly will appeal to school-age children, because it’s so funny – eat what they themselves have prepared! Read more: Best hotels with a water park in Crete, Greece
– Elephant trips (Maesa Elephant Camp) – a favorite entertainment for children! Traveling on an elephant through the jungle lasting from 30 minutes to an hour – believe my experience, this is more than enough.
– Zoo Chiang Mai- you can be sure – a meeting with tigers and, giraffes and giant pandas will be remembered for a long time by your children. Special night excursions will allow you to see the life of nocturnal animals.
– Night Safari Chiang Mai- should not be confused with a night excursion to the zoo. This is a real safari – a trip through the park on a special bus among tigers, lions, crocodiles, rhinoceroses and many other representatives of wildlife.
– Mountain Biking Chiang Mai, Mae Ping River Cruise, Balloon Adventure Thai Company and Chiang Mai Horse Riding are an excellent opportunity to visit the picturesque surroundings.
– Chiang Mai Rock Climbing Adventures is very popular in the Chiang Mai region and will be a real hit for children over the age of 8.
Hua Hin (Hua Hin)
This seaside resort is only a few hours from Bangkok very popular among Thais but is completely unknown to foreign tourists who prefer other, more “promoted” directions. This is a great place for those who want a couple of days to relax from the bustle of the capital city or an intermediate stop for travelers heading towards southern Thailand. Hua Hin – a wonderful and picturesque place, so it was chosen by King of Thailand Rama IX for his residence.
The best months to visit are Hua Hin, a unique place where you can come almost all year round, small rains are from August to October.
What to do in Hua Hin (Hua Hin):
– Beaches – the best beach is in front of the Sofitel. 10-12 kilometers south of Hua Hin is Cha Am beach, also a great place, but on weekends it is crowded.
– Children will surely like the trip to Monkey Mountain, six kilometers south of Hua Hin. There you can feed bananas cheerful monkeys living on the very top, admire the beautiful views and look into the beautiful temple.
– A trip to the Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park, located 40 kilometers south of Hua Hin, takes a day. In the park, you will see limestone cliffs, caves, beaches and a huge variety of wild animals and birds. This is one of the few places where it is quite difficult to get by public transport, so it makes sense to rent a car with a driver.
Some people think that Phuket is too commercialized, but this island is so beautiful and there are so many interesting places on it that it remains one of the most attractive destinations for rest with children. The trip here should be planned in advance (when to go, where to stay, which beaches to choose ), this will make your trip much more pleasant.
The best time to visit Phuket is from February to April. In December and January it is too crowded, and from May to October, the weather is not the most favorable because of the rainy season (the eastern shore is rainier than the western one, this is due to the monsoon winds).
Things to do in Phuket:
– Beaches – Kata, Karon and Patong – these are the best, five-star beaches in Phuket. However, many tourists have their own preferences, and if these popular places are too crowded, you can always find an empty strip of sand on the shore somewhere a little apart. If you still find yourself on the island between May and October, keep in mind that the west coast at this time is very dangerous due to strong winds, so watch out for the warning red flags on the beaches!
– Fishing in the Andaman Sea – the best places for fishing are in the sea a little off the island, you can get there by boat. The best time for fishing is from December to March when the sky is clear, and the sea is calm, and you can take your children with you. Specialized companies (Dive Supply or Coral Seekers) will prepare everything necessary for unforgettable fishing.
– In the mini-golf club (Dino Park Mini Golf), located near the Karon beach, you can spend some interesting time, this is undoubtedly one of the best places for such a plan. Entourage in the style of the Flintstones Family is very popular with children.
Krabi ( Krabi )
Quiet and secluded place (here you can get by boat from Ao Nang). This is a unique way to relax with your family. Here, you completely abandon civilization and immerse yourself for a couple of weeks in a completely relaxed state. On this secluded patch of land, there are no cars, and you will be alone throughout the rest of the day with the beach, the sea, the rocks and the kayaks rolling on the waves. Enjoy!
The best time to travel to Krabi – the weather here is formed by monsoons and the climate is very similar to the climate of Phuket – the same rains from May to October. Try to plan a trip for the period from November to April.
Things to do in Krabi:
– Beaches – Krabi has three very interesting beaches: Hat Rai Leh West, Hat Rai Leh East, and Beach Hat Phra Nang. On the beach, Hat Rai Leh West is a beautiful strip of unspoiled sand, and the main hotels are also located. The sea is close to Hat Rai Leh The East is quite shallow, and it will not be possible to swim there, but for children, it will be the other way around. But the price of accommodation is lower than in the Western direction, although the distance between them is five minutes on foot by walking pace. Hat Phra Nang is located ten minutes walk along the most beautiful road, along with the picturesque rock cliffs with dark cave holes. It is rightfully considered one of the best beaches in Thailand and is a real pearl of Krabi.
– For older children and adults, it will certainly be interesting to try yourself in rock climbing. This sport is very popular here, experienced instructors will provide you with the necessary assistance in the classes.
– Fishing and kayaking. Kayaks can be rented on any beach, and long hikes, excursions, and fishing trips are offered by absolutely all the hotels.
Koh Samui ( Ko Samui )
This beautiful island near the eastern coast of Thailand is a kind of compromise between Phuket and Krabi. He is far from the developed infrastructure of Phuket. At the same time – it’s a big island. If Krabi is too isolated for you, Koh Samui can be the best solution. It offers a lot of opportunities for outdoor activities, there are many settlements and beach entertainment centers. Over the past twenty years, Samui has changed beyond recognition, now this is one of the best tourist destinations.
The best time to travel to Koh Samui: the weather on the east coast of the island is largely determined by the season, while in the west seasonal fluctuations are not so noticeable. Nevertheless, if you choose the optimal time, then my recommendation is to plan a trip for the period December-April.
Things to do in Koh Samui:
– Beaches – the three best beaches are Mae Nam, Bohput, and Chaweng. Mae Nam, of course – the cheapest with tourist savages and apartments for a long-term living. Bohput is the most charismatic, with a slight touch of elitism, but at the same time, with a family atmosphere. Chaweng is the entertainment center of the island with chain restaurants (McDonald’s and Starbucks) and numerous cafes.
– We advise you to visit a one-day tour to the National Marine Park. It is a picturesque place with limestone cliffs and unspoiled beaches, encircling 40 wonderful green islands. You can order a tour of the hotel, or through your travel agent. The package should include delivery from the hotel.
– Na Muang Elephant Camp offers horseback riding on elephants. This can be a separate tour or part of a trip to the Muang Falls.
– Sea kayaking and fishing are very popular on Koh Samui. Most diving clubs organize one-day tours for divers in Koh Tao and fishermen. True, children will have to stay on the island.
It may like also: http://ngcatravel.com/2018/07/28/latvia-entered-travel-destinations/